The Rifugio Re Alberto 1° is situated in the heart of the Catinaccio, between the Val di Fassa and South Tyrol, in a basin, the Gartl, surrounded by immense rocky bastions such as the Croda di Re Laurino, the north face of the Catinaccio and the famous Torri del Vajolet.
Admiring the spires of the legendary ‘King Laurin’s garden’ with your nose in the air is an unforgettable sight!
A unique atmosphere of silence, peace, breathtaking sunrises and sunsets!
Built back in 1929 and renovated several times, the hut welcomes mountaineers, hikers and true enthusiasts from all over the world, in a friendly, family atmosphere.
It is a meeting point, a shelter from the weather, but also an excellent place to eat with a “home-made kitchen”, which offers both traditional Tyrolean specialities such as Kaiserschmarren and canederli, and Italian specialities such as spaghetti and polenta.
Rooms / Beds / Bathrooms: 12/60/2
Places to eat inside / outside: 65/25
It can be reached from the Trentino side:
– Pera di Fassa: with the Vajolet 1,Vajolet 2 and Pian Pecei chairlifts and continuing along the forest path to Gardeccia (about 30 minutes).
– Vigo di Fassa: with the Catinaccio cable car and then along path no. 540 (approx. 30 min.) to Gardeccia.
From Gardeccia continue to the Vajolet hut (path no. 546, approx. 1 hour) and from here, with a diversion to the left (path no. 542, 50 minutes), climb up to the Re Alberto 1° hut.
From the South Tyrolean side:
– Nova Levante/Welchsnofen: take the Nova Levante cable car and the NEW King Laurin cable car up to the Fronza alle Coronelle hut.
– Carezza Pass: take the Paolina chairlift and walk along path no. 552-549 “sentiero del Masarè” (approx. 1 hour) to the Fronza alle Coronelle hut
– Passo Nigra – Malga Frommer: with the NEW Re Laurino cableway to the Fronza alle Coronelle refuge.
Once you have reached the Fronza alle Coronelle refuge, you can continue by choosing between two possibilities:
1. via the via ferrata of the Santner Pass (path no. 542, approx. 2 hrs.) Via ferrata equipment required!
2. with a normal, medium-easy hiking tour from Passo delle Coronelle (trail n.550-541-542, approx. 3 hours)
Rifugio Re Alberto 1°
Val di Fassa
Indirizzo: Loc.Gartl 39050 Tires BZ