The Campei Refuge is situated on the northern slope of Monte Baldo at 1470 m.s.l.m.
Its strategic position offers a panorama of over 300° from the Orobie Alps (BG), Adamello group, Presenella glacier, Brenta Dolomites, Alpe di Siusi, Sciliar massif, Lagorai, Marmolada, up to the Lessini mountains.
Monte Baldo has been known since ancient times for its vast floral variety. Called the Garden of Europe “Hortus Baldensis” it is a frequent destination for botanists and naturalists; it has over 2000 species of flowers.
The dominant landscape consists of beech forests, pine forests and prairies rich in native fauna. The golden eagle frequently flies over our pastures.
Here you can taste excellent Trentino dishes, prepared daily with fresh local products, mostly of organic origin, prepared with love. The vegetable garden, a few meters from the refuge, provides us with excellent seasonal vegetables.
The activities proposed by us are aimed at personal well-being: yoga courses for everyone, shiatsu sessions, aquarello course and trekking with donkeys (for more information see our website www.rifugiocampei.it).
The peace and quiet that our resort offers is rare. The Val del Parol, a splendid basin that opens behind the refuge, easily accessible, gives visitors a glimpse back in time. Being a scarcely
anthropized you can still hear the silence.
The cows and other animals that graze around the pasture give harmony and joy to adults and children alike.
From our Refuge there are many possible excursions, both on foot and by mountain bike.
The main ones are:
– VETTA DEL MONTE ALTISSIMO A 2074 SLM
– MONTE VARAGNA
– MALGA CAMPO (ottimi i formaggi)
– RIFUGIO GRAZIANI
– MONTE TELEGRAFO
– NAGO – TORBOLE SUL LAGO DI GARDA
– SAN VALENTINO
– SAN GIACOMO
– RISERVA NATURALE CORNA PIANA
How to get there:
The main starting points to get to Rifugio Campei (be careful to follow the directions of Rifugio Campei di Sopra)
– FEAST OF BRENTONICO SENTIERO 624 DISLIVELLO 700 MT about an hour and a half, you can also follow the road Brentegana about two hours and a half, access allowed only on foot
– FROM THE REFUGE GRAZIANI VERSO MALGA CAMPO FOLLOW PATH N. 650 AND THEN FOLLOW ON 624B FOR REFUGE CAMPEI OVER 150 mt, about an hour and a half of path
– FROM THE PARKING OF PRATI DI NAGO (TORBOLE), path 601 up to Mount Varagna, and then 624 up to the Refuge
– FROM MONTE ALTISSIMO path 601-624 or from Bocca Paltrane